Occupation: Engagement Manager, Baynote
First Car: 1982 Pontiac Firebird
Favorite Restaurant: Hong Kong Saigon Seafood Harbor Restaurant, Sunnyvale, CA
1. What are three things most people don’t know about you?
a). I like home improvement projects
b). I like to build and collect model kits ranges from Gundam, airplanes, battle ships, tanks and cars
c). I like fishing but get sea sick easily
2. What’s been your greatest adventure in life?
Coming to America
3. What’s your best childhood memory?
Going to Ocean Park Hong Kong when it first opened
4. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
Making a switch from Restaurant business to IT career
5. Tell us about your favorite hobby.
I try to do at least one large or small home improvement project year and for the past few years this ranges from replacing PVC drain pipes, copper water pipes, painting or remodeling a bathroom.
6. What are you currently reading? What is your favorite book?
Finished Angels & Demons by Dan Brown and currently reading True Blue by David Baldacci.
I like The 5 People You Meet in Heaven, however my all time favorite is 三國演義 aka Romance of Three Kingdoms which is an ancient Chinese novel.
7. Is there a particular place or thing you want to see?
I like to visit some of the cities in Asia e.g., Hong King, Shanghai, Beijing, Taipei and Tokyo.
8. If you could give $10,000 to a charity, what would that charity be and why?
Ronald McDonald House Charities, they have helped a close family member who had cancer.
9. If you weren’t on the professional services career track, what would you be doing?
10. What is the path that led you to Professional Services/Consulting?
Recruited by a head hunter and realized the opportunity for variety of challenges for changing customers and environments so I made the switch and never looked back.
11. What advice would you give to a recent graduate who just took a job in professional services?
Take on additional responsibilities that are outside of your immediate area whenever you can, this will enable you to learn and broaden your knowledge and skill set. More importantly, your peer, management and customers know that you can be counted on to take on new challenges.