Name: Laura Roach
Occupation: General Manager, Mid Market Business, Varicent Software
First Car: White Ford Pinto - hand down from Dad
Favorite Restaurant: Z-Tejas in Austin Texas
1. What's something most people don’t know about you?
I used to be a sky diver with an advance license
2. What’s been your greatest adventure in life?
3. What’s your best childhood memory?
Hanging out at the beach with my family
4. If you could have a conversation with a person of your choice, past, present or future, who would that person be and why?
My great grandfather who immigrated over from Ireland
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
This is a tough question as I've always taken the approach of “whatever doesn’t kill me makes me stronger” so I’ve done many challenging things but so far I have survived.
6. Tell us about your favorite hobby.
Right now it`s training for a triathlon, and staying fit.
7. What are you currently reading? What is your favorite book?
Reading Now: ROBERT CRAIS: THE SENTRY
Favorite: I don`t have a favorite book - I like the easy reading of spy novels. It`s a great escape.
8. Is there a particular place or thing you want to see?
9. If you could give $10,000 to a charity, what would that charity be and why?
The Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation. One person dies every hour in the U.S. from melanoma and yet less than 3% of cancer funding goes to melanoma research. There is no cure and the money that can help in research and development of a cure could help many.
10. If you weren’t on the professional services career track, what would you be doing?
11. What is the path that led you to Professional Services/Consulting?
Compensation and the need for a product to help in sales compensation. As a results I found a product and my expertise is what got me into services initially.
12. What advice would you give to a recent graduate who just took a job in professional services?
Services is an amazing industry which has positions and roles you can fit into at every step of your career and personal growth. It’s a very dynamic and ever changing industry. It is not for the person looking to sit still for decades in a job.