Occupation: Managing Director, Growth Systems, Inc.
First Car: MG Midget (Tre Cool!)
Favorite Restaurant: Arnolfo Ristorante, Siena, Italia
Local Favorite:Jardiniere, San Francisco, CA
What are three things most people don't know about you?
a). I’m a former US Air Force officer that worked in intelligence and nuclear war planning (not much demand for those skills in the legitimate economy)
b).I was an amateur cryptographer in high school at the same time I was an actor
c). I’m funny. No, really
What's been your greatest adventure in life?
What's your best childhood memory?
Getting a chemistry set and a telescope for Christmas ... followed by not blowing up the basement.
Tell us about your favorite hobby.
Actually, I have four:
- Being a solo pilot of an airplane in instrument conditions.
- Getting the rails wet in a sailboat.
- Beating my best time racing to the top of Mt. Tam.
- Writing a captivating scene in my next technothriller (novel).
What are you currently reading?
- Tips from the Trenches: The Collective Wisdom of Over 100 Professional Services Leaders
- Aviation Weather
- Mariner’s Weather
- The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad
- Making Silicon Valley by Christophe Lecuyer
- Life and Times of Nikola Tesla by Marc Seifer
- Defying Gravity, The Parallel World of T. Townsend Brown by Paul Schatzkin
- The Secret History of British Intelligence in the Americas, 1940-45
- Project Portfolio Management by Harvey Levine
- Managing IT as a Business by Mark Lutchen
- McTeague, A Story of San Francisco by Frank Norris
- The Riddle in the Sands by Erskine Childers
- Body of Secrets Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency by James Bamford
- Theory and Technique of Playwriting by John Howard Lawson
- A Study of the Drama by Brander Matthews
- Freytag’s Technique of the Drama
- The Handbook of Sailing
- IFR Refresher
- Attain by Surprise Edited by David Nutting
- The Search for Gravity Waves by P. C. W. Davies
- Organizing Scientific Research for War by Irvin Stewart
..... to name a few.
Is there a particular place or thing you want to see?
Green flash of sunset at the controls of a seaplane somewhere near the equator with the knowledge of cool libations and warm friends ahead.
If you could give $10,000 to a charity, what would that charity be and why?
Too many to list.
If you weren't on the professional services career track, what would you be doing?
What is the path that led you to Professional Services/Consulting?
A chance remark that consulting was an intellectually stimulating occupation with attractive compensation.
What advice would you give to a recent graduate who just took a job in professional services?
Build your network! Then, master the breadth, depth and leadership of technology.